Friday, January 28, 2011

October 2010

My first blog and my first post.  I had already written this down on a word document and I had a few friends tell me I should start blogging so here it goes.   

I have been on an oral contraceptive for 10 consecutive years…not once gotten off, not once taken a break.  During PA school, we dove into the side effects of birth control in Sept/Oct.  I also have a good moral friend that is 100% against any form of birth control except natural family planning so I have had the lecture along with the medical knowledge as of now.  I realized it wasn’t something my body needs or wants, but that was something to be discussed with the husband.  It was the 3rd week (on Wednesday) of my pill pack and I go to pop the dreaded pill when to my utter ignorance, I haven’t taken them for the last 7 days.  Ohh joy- isn’t that lovely.  I have been taking them for 10 years and still can’t seem to remember this simple daily task.  I am always skipping days, doubling up and hoping for the best.   So after realizing that there is no way I can play “catch up”, I throw the pack away and anxiously await for Mother Nature.  She never came to visit so needless to say, I was a bit nervous.  I went to Dr Applegate and was tested negative for pregnancy (along with my TSH levels being normal as I was convinced I had hypothyroidism).  Learning how to dgx diseases in class is obviously not the best thing for me as I began to believe I had each of them!  HA.  Dr. A said since my periods are so light (2 days/panty liner only) and being on the pill for so long- it can cause you to stop having periods.  What?  This was just another reason why I didn’t want to be on the pill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment