Well we made it through NYE. I was nervous about the planning but didn’t want to stay inside. UK played that afternoon so we went to BWs. It was easy to just order water there because it was 12pm and I said I had errands to run afterwards. We came home and had made dinner plans with Brandi/Jason, Nicki/Cooper, and Scottie/Tiffany at Miyako at 6:30p and then headed to The Cellar. My excuse was that I was running a 10mi race in Louisville the next morning. I am not a good liar. Those that know me well, know I can’t. So I was nervous about the fact that I knew I was actually running a 5K in Winchester and not the 10 miler, but a 5K was easy enough that they knew I would still drink. It seemed to flow and not many people questioned my motive. NOW, whether they actually thought something else, I don’t know but at least no one flat out asked if I was. Nicki might have had a suspicion as she kept talking about us having babies together in 2012 and “pregnancy” was a topic but again, nothing was said so I felt fine. Sorry Nicki & Toni- I really thought 2012 was the year we would (and Dani w/ her #2) !!
My breasts are still super sore and definitely getting bigger or more swollen and man are my emotions sensitive. I will cry at the drop of a hat, get ticked off by the slightest thing or want to ring Shannon’s neck sometimes but I do my best to release those feelings as I know it’s part of the game. Constipation and extreme (luckily not smelly) gas are also a big issue these days…and let’s not forget the frequency of running to the bathroom. Darn you bladder for being so close to my uterus!!! I feel like I can see my veins easier in my breasts and my nipples stay out. I read that is normal as they will stay out during pregnancy (blah) and while I breastfeed. Well that has been an issue for me in regards to running. Back in Nov/Dec when I was running 5Ks, I didn’t give it a thought except for how bad it hurt afterwards but I assumed it was because it was so cold outside that they were getting frostbitten or something. Now I have a reason. I need to do some research on how to elevate that problem when running in the cold. It is miserable! Running- yes that’s another topic. I set a goal to do 30 races while I’m 30 (11/12/10-11/12/11) and I plan to stick to it. I might have to alter the races I wanted to run (3 half marathons during April-Oct and a full might be pushing it) but I have every intention to do 30 races. I haven’t been doing more than 4 miles though so the midwife said I shouldn’t do much more than what I’m doing now unless it’s by walking or something. I told her I had already signed up for a 10 miler in March and she gave me the OK as long as I take it easy and walk some of it. So there goes my worrying about timing for any race! Maybe that’s a good thing. Plus, I wanted to end my races with a Full and I’m still debating it. Well I know it’s probably not feasible and that bums me out. If this child comes in August and I can’t run for 6 weeks..that’s already putting me into October before I can finish up my 30 races. No way could I do a Full after that. BOO. I feel like I’ve let myself down in regards to this “goal” I have this year. It’s frustrating but I love that I can run some while preggo. Exercise is so important to me, even if I have been choosing sleep over burning calories lately. (1/2)
(1/12) The first day of my last full semester of classes was today. It’s starting to feel “normal” that I can think I’m pregnant, although it’s still hard to just “let go” of all the stressors that will come in the near future. I know that’s just me and my personality. I didn’t want to go back, but at the same time I am so ready for the didactic portion to be over and done! It was good seeing everyone. I did not hang out with one PA friend all 4 weeks of Christmas break but it was nice to have a break. I have seen them every day for a year straight in the same classroom; in our same seats….we needed space! Ha! Last week helped me really feel more at ease with this pregnancy. I met Emily & Ashley (MoHo PA friends) at the mall in Lexington to get Em’s White Coat from her. Ashley informed me she was 7 weeks pregnant. I was so excited for her but I was more excited that I had someone in PA school that would be pregnant with me! I wanted to throw my arms around her and tell them about me too but I knew I needed to wait. I promised Shannon. On the 7th we went to Malone’s for Sarah Hillard’s 30th bday and it was an open bar. Of course I’m drinking water and in walks Jade Hall. For those that know Jade, knows she will not hide what she’s thinking. She walked straight up to me and said, “why aren’t you drinking? Are you pregnant?” and me (being the bad liar) said, “no, I just don’t feel like drinking. We’re going home in a few to watch a movie.” And she said “well we’ll see in 10 weeks when you announce it”. HAHHA Ohh Jade I love you. BUT you are wrong. It won’t be 10 weeks- it’ll be like 3 weeks! Haha :o) I have been reading books and online sources, but I don’t know what I feel. Maybe I’m not supposed to feel overly excited at this point!? Maybe announcing it will put everything into perspective for me. Besides trying to hide it, I feel normal. Bring on the kicks baby Hord I need a jolt of reality!! :o)
No comments:
Post a Comment