Friday, January 28, 2011

January 2011 (Part 3)

(1/20)  We heard the heartbeat!!! Woot Woot!!   It sounded like a panting dog out of breath.  I couldn't help but think of Kneesa bear.  It was super fast and very real.  I think that’s what I needed for this all to sink in and just let go of school and embrace motherhood in the making.   We finally got to meet with Butler- he’s a busy man but I love him and couldn't imagine having another OB delivery our child!  I've been with him since 2003 and he has always been caring and understanding.  We would talk about boyfriends (back then) and he would give me Bible verses to read and when I got married he suggested "The 5 Love Languages" for Shannon & I to read.  He also believes a father/daughter relationship is the best and I couldn't agree more.  (He has 4 daughters).  He has watched me mature into a woman and has been one of the best doctors I could ever ask for. 

I asked if it’s normal to have slight malodorous urine and he said yes, probably from the prenatal vitamins.  My BP has been great too – last appt it was 98/62 and this time it was 102/74.  It’s usually @ 110/78 but maybe it is lower when you’re preggo due to dilation of blood vessels so this bun in the oven can suck the blood from me- hehehe!?  He let both of us feel the baby from my stomach while he pushed up from my cervix.  It reminded me of lab when we had to feel for the kidneys.  You could feel "something" flutter across your fingers.  He said everything seems to be measuring out fine and I would come back in 4 weeks for an U/S to check on the cyst that’s on my right ovary as well as my cervix (I had a LEEP done in 2002 due to abnormal cells- they weren’t precancerous yet- thank goodness b/c my mom had to have a hysterectomy due to cancerous cells when she was @ 33YO).  But he said “you’re at 11w, 2d” but we were thinking it was 10w,4d based on the August 14th due date that Dr. Green gave us.   So now I’m confused.  He did say its fine to start telling people.   I guess I’ll call the OB office and ask them to verify my due date.  Man I suck at this whole ‘how far along are you’ – I need a ticker hooked to my pants. Haha  I just called - I’m 11 weeks on Sunday (1/23).     

No comments:

Post a Comment