Friday, January 28, 2011

November 2010

I decided to give my body the natural way of getting back on a normal schedule for the months of Nov/Dec by not immediately restarting my next pill pack.  Before really discussing my options of staying off or getting back on the pill until school was finished or at least 10 months prior to graduation, I was definitely getting off this month and I was OK with that.  I felt a sudden peace with my decision of not being on the pill.  I was also fairly convinced nothing would happen and no extra form of protection was needed.  In my (Type A) mind, I had it mapped out (start rotations July ’11, get pregnant @ Sept ’11). Now don’t get me wrong, we are both very ready for children, but school is a huge headache for me right now.  WELL- bring on November.  I had a period of like 1 day in early November and thought to myself, “Well surely by December my body will be normal again”.  I figured there was nothing to worry about especially since Shannon works in Louisville Mon-Fri (the fact that our ‘window of opportunity’ being small caused me to have zero thought of pregnancy ever happening) and this was the first month not on any oral contraceptive.  No, we weren’t on any extra protection but I just “knew” it was going to be months and months before anything would happen so I was happy when I said “I don’t care what happens, it’s fine”.  I knew I had school as my “reason” for not having babies right now.  Shannon says he swears he thought I went back on the pill and I didn’t really care about protection because I was convinced nothing would happen so soon.  So a 30th bday present or Thanksgiving present- either way Shannon gave me a gift that lasts a lifetime!  :o)
My sweet family came to celebrate my 30th bday!!!


I blame Wendy and Jane for jinxing me.  They put this sign in our yard on my birthday.
               Ohh little do I know how much "Happy 30th Birthday" means....that was the last beer I probably had ....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment