I'm just now writing this post in honor of Halloween. During the week, I don't have much time to spend at home with Cam, sleep, study so writing has been put on the back burner. I started my last post 3 weeks ago and posted it a few days ago so you can see the delay and the need to backtrack.
ODE TO HALLOWEEN, one of my favorite holidays!!
I say it's a favorite, although in actuality, it would best be described as the "most fun" holiday for me. My favorites are Christmas and Thanksgiving for the sheer fact of getting to see all the extended family on both sides, even if it's semi-chaotic traveling from one side of KY to the other. I love seeing my family and Shannon's as well. Family has always and will always remain a staple in my life. I grew up spending an abundant amount of time with my cousins at my grandma's house and I want the same for Cameron. Although we will have to juggle the issue of living in a different town from both sets of his grandparents and most of his aunts/uncles/cousin, I believe he will understand the importance and love of God and family.
But, back to Halloween, it makes me feel like a child again. I get to dress up, go to parties with other costume lovers, pass out candy to sweet children (although some these days can be rude/demanding in their candy wants), eat candy at all hours of the day (because it's totally acceptable as an adult to eat a tootsie roll at 9am if I've already eaten breakfast and "want" to get rid of all the left over candy) and this year, I was going to get to dress my son up for his first holiday. Kneesa is probably jumping for joy that I have someone else to force into a costume! We decided on having matching family costumes this year. It sounded perfect. I was stoked and ready for the purchase. Star Wars!! Although Kneesa was named after a female Ewok....she no longer looks like one (it's more of Falcor these days) so she was going to be Princess Leia, Cam was going to be Yoda, Shannon- a Jedi and myself, R2D2 ...(Shannon said that's a good one for me since I'm short! hardy har har). I had been emailing friends, making plans and ready for a good time!
Much to my dismay, my ER schedule required me to work on Halloween from 12:30p-12:30a. I was crushed!! Not only did I not get to dress up, but I didn't get to spend Cameron's first holiday with him dressed up. I wanted to pout and act childish about it all day, instead I put my big girl panties on and made the best of what we had (Halloween outfit for Cam to wear to daycare and an orange top for me to wear to work). So, off I take him to daycare and notice a big note on the front door "Today is Halloween PJ day" ....you see Shannon picks Cam up during the days I work 1230-1230 and "someone" didn't read the sign on the door informing parents, so Mr. Cam was not in his PJs. Poor kid is going to be "that child" that never knows what's going on because his parents didn't read the bulletin!
I guess we will save our Star Wars outfits for next year. At least I'll actually have a "real" job by then and surely I won't have to work. I say surely, because I don't want to jinx it. :o)
Ha! Now I know why you were in such disbelief that I don't get giddy about Halloween!
ReplyDeleteWes takes Colin to CK and my mom picks him up, so I never know ANYTHING until after the fact!
Love the jammies in the last pictures. Adorable!
Your boy has a terrific smile!
ReplyDelete