I meant to post this a while back, but with my ER rotation consuming most of my week days and Cam/Kneesa consuming my weekends, I just didn't have time besides a quick post to FB.
I'm quite proud of myself for accomplishing a goal I set forth and all the while being pregnant. I am such a "cross it off my list" kind of gal so this was such a great feeling to say I've done this all by myself. Running is one activity that only involves you. Of course other runners are motivation, but what you do (your time, your distance, you crossing that finish line) is an accomplishment/high only you can feel and enjoy. It is a very addicting sport and I'm ready start training for my first full marathon. I've already done 6 or 7 half marathons and I wasn't able to do any long distance runs this year so the training for 1 or 2 halfs and a full are on my near-future, before I get pregnant again list!!
Here are all my races:
November 12, 2010 - November 12, 2011
1) 11/14/10 ALS 5K- Lexington, KY
2) 11/20/10 Turkey Strut 5K -Nicholasville, KY
3) 12/4/10 Jingle Bell Jog 5K - Stanford, KY
4) 12/11/10 Reindeer Ramble 5K - Lexington, KY
**found out I was pregnant**
5) 01/01/11 Resolution Run 5K - Winchester, KY
6) 02/05/11 Reindeer Romp 4K - Louisville, KY
7) 02/12/11 Heart, Sole & Glove 5K - Lexington, KY
8) 03/05/11 Run for the Hill 5K - Lexington, KY
9) 03/13/11 Shamrock n' Roll 5K - Atlanta, GA
10) 3/19/11 Race to Read 5K - Lexington, KY
11) 4/03/11 AVOL Walk 2mi - Lexington, KY
12) 4/09/11 Dash for Dan 5K - Lexington, KY
13) 5/07/11 Thin Mint 1mi Fun Run-Lexington, KY
14) 5/07/11 Titan Trot 1mi Fun Run-Lexington, KY
15) 5/14/11 LHS 2K Mutt Strutt -Lexington, KY
16) 5/20/11 Pro Active for Life 5K -Frankfort, KY
17) 5/28/11 KY Children’s Hospital 5K -Lexington, KY
18) 6/4/11 SEAS Run for the Nun 5K -Lexington, KY
19) 6/18/11 Run for Glory 5K - Lexington, KY
20) 7/16/11 Bluegrass State Games 5K -Nicholasville, KY
21) 7/23/11 Run 4 Recovery 1mi -Lexington, KY
22) 7/30/11 Fox 56 5K -Lexington, KY
23) 8/6/11 MidSummer Night's Run 5K - Lexington, KY
****Cameron's birthday via C-sec was 8/16****
24) 10/1/11 CASA Run For Kids' Sake 5K - Lexington, KY
25) 10/8/11 Chick-Fil-A UKPA 5K - Lexington, KY
26) 10/15/11 Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5K - Lexington, KY
27) 10/16/11 DanceBlue For the Kids 5K - Lexington, KY
28) 10/22/11 Steps For Pets 1mi - Georgetown, KY
29) 10/29/11 Run for Refuge 5K- Lexington, KY
30) 11/5/11 Victory 5K - Lexington, KY
And sweet Shannon had these waiting for me when I got home from my 30th race!!! :o)
How appropriate that you ended with the "Victory" 5K! Congratulations! What an accomplishment!
ReplyDelete