Friday, September 2, 2011

its crazy to think it all happened only 2wk ago....

Well, 17 days ago I delivered Cameron.  It's crazy to think it was only 2 weeks ago.  The changes, healing, growth, education, and trial and error that takes place in the first 2 weeks after birth is amazing.  I'm still not happy I had to have the c-section, but I know I will eventually get over it.   I feel much better though and at my 2 week OB appointment, I lost most of my 'baby weight'.  I only have 10lb left to get to my pre-pregnancy weight!! WOOT WOOT!   I have been cleared to drive and walk but I still can't run, workout or carry heavy objects for another 4 weeks.  To watch Cam from day 1 to day 17 ......he now pulls his hand to his pacifier to try and hold it in his mouth although it doesn't work yet, it's cute to see him learning.  He will also turn onto his side.  We also think he has officially graduated to size 1 diapers already!!  He is peeing out of NB diapers constantly....they look like they still fit but it seems abnormal that just about every diaper causes him to pee onto his clothing, bedding, and such while the diaper is still on.  We are moving up a size!! 

He is sleeping much better now.  I'm the one that has to wake him up to eat every 3 hours at night because he's sleeping so well.  NOW....let me say he's sleeping well if he's in his swing or if you are holding him.  The bassinet and crib is a no-go.  But at least he is sleeping.  We probably won't transition into the crib until @ 2 months. 

It's been great having Shannon home for 3 weeks as well.  The adjustment has been much easier.  He goes back next week, so we'll see how it goes with just me, Kneesa and Cameron.  I'm still planning to return to rotations on Sept 26th.  I'd love 1-2 more weeks..but not 4 weeks which is what I'd have to take.  Shannon thinks I should take the 4 weeks but I just don't see it being overly beneficial except for the fact Cam would be 10 weeks instead of 6 weeks going into a daycare. 

He is a big pooper.  He will fart loudly and constantly.  It's almost comical to hear him.   And his facial expressions are priceless especially while he's sleeping.  It will go from a smile to an angry face within seconds.  

Looking forward to cherishing the next 4 weeks at home with my little man!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment