Monday, June 27, 2011

6.5 weeks left before the word "mommy" becomes reality....

It's crazy to think how fast this pregnancy has gone.  I truly remember the first few weeks of finding out and feel like it was just a couple months ago...not 8!

I can still say (while knocking on wood) that I have not had one ounce of morning sickness, I'm still able to run (although my time is more like 45min for 5Ks), I've not had any cravings really and smells do not make me feel nausea.   I have enjoyed being pregnant quite frankly.  Minus the ever growing belly!!  PLUS, my belly button hasn't completely "popped" yet so that's always good!!  It's definitely close to it though. 

Oh and at 30wk he was breech but our last appt (last week) @ 32.5wk- he turned!! YAY and he just needs to stay head down!!!

If I were to "complain" about anything I would say the following 3 things are my only issues (thus far....):

1) telangiectasia- small blood vessels new the surface of the skin (again thanks hormones and extra blood!! Thank goodness my blood pressure rocks or my entire body might be covered with them! See picture below. 

2) Heartburn- I can't really say it's bad but it does come and go.  But maybe that's because I still eat jalepenos, banana peppers and anything else spicy.  It just started about 2 weeks ago but isn't terrible.  Tums stay in my purse though, that's for sure!

3) Swelling- again I can't complain compared to some that get this pretty badly.  NOW- I still have 6.5 weeks left so let's not count the chicks before they hatch!   Since I've started my rotations (which have been AWESOME btw), I've been on my feet all day, not drinking as much water and I'll notice the swelling.  It usually goes down by elevation so let's hope the last few weeks don't get the best of me with this.  My rings are still on so that's my goal!!!

Well I'm on my Internal Medicine rotation until August 5th and my due date is August 14th.  Luckily for me my rotation is right across the street from where I plan to deliver (St Joe East Women's Center) so I'm right there shall something happen before 8/14.  :o) 

Last weeked was my Owensboro family shower and I feel truly blessed.  Honestly, I'm still in a bit of shock of the amount of stuff we got!!  My family was WAY TOO generous to us!!  Of course I love everything we got and my sister was the one hosting it and it turned out wonderfully!  I couldn't ask for a better person to host it!!     We have one more shower in Owensboro (my friend one) July 9th weekend and my brother & his fiance's bridal shower that same weekend.  After that, we are staying put in Lexington on the weekends in case Cam decided he's ready to meet his big sis, Kneesa earlier than expected!!!

Week 33 pictures:
(my Family shower cake Megan designed)

(our UK diaper cake from April/JoEtta)

(our Winnie the Pooh diaper cake from Lauren)

(Megan and I - 33wk)

(side profile at my Lex shower June 12th- 31wk)  

(sweet cake at my Lex friend shower)

                                     (look closely at the 'bruise like' discoloration all over my leg!!!)

1 comment:

  1. I loved being pregnant both times too. I'm glad you've had a pretty easy go of it thus far!

    ReplyDelete