Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Baby Hord is a BOY!!!

This week I am 20 weeks (Today I am 20wk & 3 days)!!!   Hard to believe I'm at the half way point of this pregnancy and I have felt great thus far...it's also hard to believe I'm half way through and we haven't bought anything for Baby Hord....OK well I did purchase a 3pack of UK onesies and 11 used books at a garage sale for $8!!! Woot Woot.  It's also crazy to think in anytime from 18-22 weeks this little critter will forever change the lives we now know....  WOW!!!  God's little miracle is moving right along!!!


Today's doctor visit was the U/S to determine the sex.  We were told everything is measuring out normal and the baby looks healthy!!!  What a great relief!!!  Next came the:  "well there you go, you know it's a boy by that little penis"    Looks like we are having a BOY!!!   I was indifferent really but Shannon's face lit up like a new LED light.  He was beside himself.   My heart was racing like crazy while the U/S was going on because a few days ago I had a dream it was a boy but the heart wasn't beating so my nerves got to me just a bit.  I'm glad to hear everything is healthy and normal!!    


The doc did tell me that I'm measuring a bit big at 20wk but he's not too worried since I'm so short.  Ohh thanks- make me feel fat!!!  I asked- I have gained 12lb thus far and I guess the "norm" is 10lb at 20wk!!  Ohh come on- 2lb over!   I'm sure it's my boobs!!


We have been thinking of names and decided on one....though it's weird to say "this is it" - I keep telling myself "he will have this name forever" so it's hard to feel 100% confident but we both like it.  We knew we were using my middle name (Rae - which is short for Raymond from my brother, dad and granddad) for a girl and his middle name (well the extension of his middle name Kent- it's his dad's & granddad's middle name- Kenneth) for a boy.   


BABY BOY HORD's name is:  Cameron Kenneth Hord     :o)   YAY!!!  


Now it will feel more "real" talking to baby Cameron instead of baby "it".  



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I'm a little partial to boys you know (:

    ReplyDelete