Monday, April 18, 2011

Fist Pumpin' Cam

This weekend I went to Miami for Toni's bachelorette party.  It was a great little vacation with some great friends.  The non-drinking aspect was not a problem for me nor was staying up late really.  I feel great being pregnant and was willing to enjoy my weekend out with my girls.  I will say the one thing that made me feel like a horrible soon-to-be mother (in 4 months to be exact) was the fact that it was not a smoke-free town.  This meant that not only was Cam dancing all night long learning to fist pump to the music, but he was being exposed to (3rd!?) hand smoke all weekend.  It made me feel terrible.  I could feel the smoke filling up my lungs and I was praying for it to stop there. 

Like I said, I had a wonderful time but the guilty conscious got the best of me at times.  I know there are worse things some pregnant women might engage in, but I would blame myself if something happens. 

On another note, WOW.  4 months?! I will be a mother in 4 months!!   I feel like time has gone by so fast.  Wendy (and a few others) are throwing my Lexington friend shower and it's set for June 12th.  What a busy weekend that will be for me.  Shannon and I will be in Louisville all weekend as we have tickets to see Shrek at Whitney Hall on Saturday.  As of now, that is the first shower so it will be super exciting to see all the sweet gifts for him.  Alexis and Mary are throwing my Owensboro friend shower and its tentatively set for July 9th which means I will be large and in charge!!!   We have already registered at BuyBuyBaby and Target.  It was fun but a bit overwhelming.  There aer SO many items that have come out since I wasa kid and they all seem "soo cool" but at the same time, everything is beyond expensive.  I've been doing my best to not shop much but it's so hard to resist (I guess the being in school and not having money puts me back into a reality check)!!!   I have a feeling the showers for Cam will be much more fun than wedding showers.  Maybe it's because the gifts aren't actually for me, but the miracle inside me.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so guilty about the smoke thing! We went to Churchill Downs the other night and I felt like I was sitting in an ashtray! I hate smoke in general, so being pregnant has made me so much more sensitive about it. I'm just hoping he will come out already hating the smell of smoke!!

    ReplyDelete