Wednesday, March 16, 2011

18 weeks & 150 days to go!

Today (Wed, 3/16) was my 18 week F/U appointment with Dr. Butler.  Shannon wasn't able to attend, but we also knew it was just a F/U and nothing "big" was going to be done.  It didn't bother me really but leaving Louisville this AM (I'm on spring break) gave me time to think on the drive and I became nervous at the fact that if something bad happened, I would have to hear the news by myself.   It's a scary feeling!!!

To back up a bit- the last week has been crazy!!  
        We left on Thursday AM for CATlanta to watch UK play in the SEC tournament.  It was a great weekend with great friends.  There were @ 15 of us plus a bunch of others I knew there.  Always a good time when you get friends, the CATS, and a long weekend together!   I did stay out with them on Friday night until 1am.  I was so exhausted, but I knew Shannon was having fun and everyone else was there so I bucked up and stayed out.  I had a great time but Baby & Momma Hord could not handle the next day, even with sleep.  I was in a terrible mood all day and night.  It was not good.  The overall weekend was great though, the CATS won the tournament, we had a nice little "get away" from Lexington (school) and it came at the perfect time with all my exams and Master's paper due the week I left.  I was overwhelmed and needed a break. 
    We got back about 10pm on Sunday and then I headed to Owensboro on Monday to get my sweet sweet Kneesa bear!! She just loves being at dad's house, out in the country, running wild and getting dirty.  She loves playing with Lacy and it's one of her favorite places to be, so I always know she's had a good time when I get there.  I spent the night so I got to see a lot of people.  Although always short, it's nice to see everyone.  It was Grandma's B-day so we all went to eat so I saw most of the Smith side on Monday (in which G-ma told me I was having a girl because "you are straight up and down which means a girl") and then Tuesday I went to Misty's to meet Miss Addilyn (so sweet), then stopped by mom's for a quick bit then off to eat lunch with Alexis and Mary.  
    Well after canceling my original appointments for daycare touring due to me running late getting to Louisville (surprise surprise), we rescheduled them for Tuesday 5:30 (The Gardner School) and Wednesday 8a (Westport Rd Baptist Church) and 8:30a (Vanguard Academy).   They were all really nice and seemed great.  We didn't spend "time" with the infant teachers though, so we'd like to go back.  We weren't sure what we needed to ask or do when we arrived so by the end, I felt they were all good.  It's crazy what daycares are offering these days (baby yoga, sign language, Spanish, computer skills, ballet, music) all by the age of 2!!  It's crazy!  I asked Shannon what happened to regular ole chalkboards when the lady at V.G. said they have SmartBoards!? I had no idea what that was.  Not to mention the fact you can no longer bring home baked goodies due to all the allergies children have these days.  Man how the times have changed!!

OK- back to my appointment today!    The HR was 139 (it was 149 last time) and he said everything felt fine.   I didn't ask what my BP or weight was to compare them to previous visits so I need to do that when I go back.   I still haven't felt the little critter moving, but I feel pregnant.  Maybe it's movements and I just don't realize it.  I have felt a few sharp pains here and there, but that's probably my ligaments stretching.  People have said it will feel like a "flutter" or a stomach growl so I've been trying to pay attention.  I have felt great though so I can't complain.  It's been an easy pregnancy thus far! To think I'm almost half way there!! I can still wear all my clothes but with the help of my BFF the "belly belt".  It's an extra piece of elastic with buttons so I can still "button" my pants!!  :o) Then I'll wear the "belly band" over top of my pants to hide my zipper being open.  

Here's what it says about Baby Hord at 18 weeks:
"The bones through which sound is passed to the inner ear have hardened and the parts of the brain that receives and processes nerve signals from the ears are developing. This means that your baby can hear now. Your baby will get used to familiar sounds, such as your heart beating, familiar voices, blood rushing through the umbilical cord and other daily routine sounds. Your baby will become startled if he hears a loud sound."

 
  Next appointment: March 30th 10:45am to find out the gender of Baby Hord!!! Finally, we will be able to register and start buying stuff for this little squirt!!!   

18 week Pic:

No comments:

Post a Comment