Today was my 28wk appointment. It included going 2 days ago to have blood drawn and today to get the Rhogam shot in the behind (I am A- blood type) and to check my sugar. I had to drink a fruit punch flavored drink (cold, on ice, through a straw is the way to go) that is 3oz within 5 minutes (an hour before my appointment). I've heard its "just terrible", "nasty and thick" but honestly, I didn't mind it. It tasted like a thicker version of Hawaiian Punch. Drinking it in a 5 minutes time frame wasn't the best, but such is life.
My appointment went well. Baby measuring fine, his HR 132, and my weight gain is normal (4lb from last appt)- I'm at a 21lb gain total thus far. I have never seen the scale at that weight, but I know it's only going to keep going up. Ohh the joys!! I think I should be able to stay within the 25-35lb weight gain range though!! If I estimate the 1lb/wk- I have 11 weeks 3 days left (ish) so I'm right on track!! Yippie!! My iron and sugar looks good and Dr. Butler is happy with me. I asked about the "bruise" looking spots on my legs. I guess I should have known this from school...but they aren't bruises, they are telangiectasia. They blanch. My bad--and here I was wondering why these "bruises" were still present after 4 weeks.
I have graduated from the monthly appointments and will now start going every 2 weeks. Time is flying by!! It's crazy to think how fast this pregnancy has gone!! I've seen Butler and Greene....so my next appt is with Campbell. They suggest seeing 3, so I should be right on track.
We want to do a 3/4D U/S so we need to talk about that- it's about the same price at my doc's office as it is at Lex Fetal or Baby Belly. It should be done b/w 28-32wk so hopefully I'll have some cool pix to post soon!!
Here are some pictures from last weekend. Right when I hit 28wk (7 mo) mark!!
Ohh and some pictures of the crib. That's the only furniture in the room thus far, but it makes me excited!! YAY! We are borrowing the bassinet from Alexis. It's super cute too!
Yay for not having the diabetes! I also do not have it but my iron was low. :( So now I have to take a supplement. Love the crib! And you still look so skinny!!! Ugh.
ReplyDelete