Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Daddy finally felt him!

I know that it's not "right" to compare yourself to other pregnant mommas and their journey but I can't help myself.  Not necessarily in regards to weight gain but more of  "ohh you already felt kicks"  or "daddy already felt kicks" or "really, you could see her foot"  especially when some of my friends are very close (within weeks) of my due date. 

I've come to the conclusion, the reason it has taken Shannon so long to finally feel Cam kick is that he is in Louisville during the week and our weekends are always full of errands, events, and so forth that we don't have a lot of time to let him feel.   WELL low and behold- it finally happened!!  YAY!!!!!   I was convinced he had to be able to feel him from the outside with the powerful nudges I was feeling from the inside so last week laying in bed, he just held his hand on my belly and felt him move!!  It was great!  He grinned from ear to ear!!! 

Last week was our 3yr anniv and this week is Shannon's bday...both of which we had to spend in separate towns due to him working in Louisville and me being in school in Lexington.  But it works out, especially with me having to study at night. 

Crazy to think I'll be 7 months this weekend!  (I'm 27 weeks and 3 days today) I'm still wearing most of my shirts (I guess being short does have advantages....heheh) but only my yoga/stretchy pants still fit me so the cold front that decided to move in isn't helping with my clothing selection since my maternity purchases have been summer outfits.  My winter coat barely zips!!

I'll add a picture in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment