Today was a good day! Not that I expect all of my professors to be "on board" with my news nor wish me well but I was a little curious how they felt after I told Dawson and had her tell the faculty during their board meeting. Well...today I found out. Dr Grimes (professor from MoHo) came to teach in Lexington today and he walked up to me and hugged me telling me to not worry about a thing and that this is God's greatest gift so to be thankful and blessed. I just LOVE that man! I hate to see he is retiring. He bring nothing but joy to everyone he encounters. Then I received an email from Prof. Dawson checking up on me again telling me to not stress, enjoy the ride of being on "Plan B" in PA School and keep her updated. I am very thankful for the kindness they have shown. Then on our potluck lunch (on 1/9) Dr. Gariola asked how I was feeling. It has really helped me feel better about this happening so early in my rotation schedule.
On another note- I am 13wk & 2d today. I really need the fatigue that this brings to go away. Being gone from 8-3 wears me out and then I need to nap, eat and by the time I start to study, I'm ready for bed. I know some say 13 weeks is still considered your 1st Trimester so that would mean another week before I enter my 2nd....but some say 13 weeks so I'm going with that! Go away fatigue! I'm suppose to (as What To Expect When Yours Expecting states) "feel a bit peppier and a lot more human...every pregnant woman's favorite trimester".
It also says I should start showing soon. Well we will see. Right now I feel like I'm bloated as if I just ate Thanksgiving dinner for every meal. So my "baby belly" is not really a round thing at this point...instead I feel like its spread all over. I can still wear some of my clothes. My XS t-shirts are a little snug in spots and I've purchased 2 size 4 jeans as my "transitional" pants for the next couple weeks along with the Belly Band I plan to wear with my regular pants that keeps them up but without having to button them!! I think this BB will be my new best friend for the next month or so. Marsha gave me some super cute maternity clothes so I have some basics covered for now!!
Baby Hord is about the size of a lemon and is moving around (without me feeling it) along with a coating of hair called lanugo. Intestines are moving into their permanent spot and the vocal cords are also developing. Keep on growing baby Hord!!
No comments:
Post a Comment