I was overwhelmed with the amount of love, support and well wishes we were given on FB after I made it "FB Official" last night. I couldn't study because all I wanted to do was check FB (yes, I know that's bad but I couldn't help it). I was all smiles. It felt so good to see the "congrats" and "you're gonna be a great mommy" and "parenthood is the best". What a great way to end my night! Thank you SO much for all of your support! It means so much to me!!!
Today I walked into Pharm and everyone started clapping. How sweet are my PA friends. It was so nice of them and I received more well wishes. Too sweet. What a good day!! I knew being able to openly talk about this was going to be a highlight of this journey. It feels good and makes me more excited to take this next step in life. Although, it seems I've also be told of "horror/sad" stories the past couple days that it makes me nervous. I know it's all in God's hands though and that I have to trust.
Then a large part of our class went to Frankfort to lobby for House Bill 241 supporting Physician Assistants and to try and convince the Reps & Senators that this bill is beneficial for the state. I am not a political person but I enjoyed myself and reaching out to those that can pass these bills. I am definitely for one point to be passed. That is the fact that right now (in KY) we must have direct supervision from our supervising physician for 18 months after graduation. That is ridiculous! It is causing newly graduated PAs to leave KY because what physician wants to hire a PA that they have to "babysit" for 18mn. Hello- how will be they be able to play golf on Fridays!? We aren't asking for it to be completely removed (which most states have) but we are asking for it to be reduced to 6mn. How is that so unreasonable!? We are taught on the medical model with 12 months of clinical rotations before we start. I do not think 18mn is necessary unless you are on a residency.
No comments:
Post a Comment