Boy was I wrong! ha! 8 hours, 9cm and 'failed to descend', a C-section and there we have it, a healthy baby boy was born on 8/16/11. My emotions were crazy. My love, the love that I am still uncertain as to when it filled my heart as I was completely in love with this tiny newborn the second he arrived, continued to grow more with each passing day. I guess that's why they call it 'unconditional love'. There is such a large amount that you can't describe. There are simply no words that would ever justify the love and awe one feels for their child. It's truly a gift from God!
While this year has been crazy for me with PA school, starting clinical rotations and us moving to Louisville, we have also experienced Cameron growing right along with each passing day. It's hard to believe he is already one year old. It feels like we were just in the hospital a few months ago.
He is such a happy boy. He is always laughing and smiling. He loves to eat. We still feed him some baby food but he loves just about all table food. He transitioned well to whole milk, but still loves it warmed and in a bottle. His school is giving it to him in a sippy during the day so we are slowly transitioning away from bottles. I'm in no rush! ha! Too many changes all at once stresses this Type A momma out!!! Gave up breastfeeding at the year mark so bottles and pacy will have to wait a few more months! ;) He has hit all the great milestones and it was such a joy to watch him conquer those goals from rolling over @ 3mo, sitting up @6mo, crawling @10mo and he is assisted walking at this point. It might be a few more months before our chunky man decides to walk on his own. We are OK with that though....our backs might not be from constantly being bent over walking with him, but who's keeping score. ;)
We are doing a small "birthday celebration" with just us tonight and then the family and a few close friends are invited to his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse birthday on Saturday! I will be sure to post pictures after his big day!
As for today, here are a few pictures from this morning (more to come tonight) and the video I made! I made it on Adobe Premiere Elements....on there the pictures look blurry, but the videos are perfect. I have it on YouTube and Vimeo. The YouTube pictures look fine, but the videos are blurry. Go figure! I'll never figure all this creative computer crap out!! Argh!
Birthday Boy's morning: Waffles and Balloons!
Enjoy!
Video Link to Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/47658501
Video Link to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ-y1AKanhw&feature=g-upl
Hopefully ONE of those is not blurry! haha
BTW- Jason Windows Movie Maker did not like my QuickTime videos so it became a nightmare using Adobe b/c it's outdated, so Shannon says, but I didn't have time to convert all my videos. Stupid computers!!! haha
Happy Birthday, Cameron! It is hard to believe it's already been a year but a lot has happened in that year. Loved the video (:
ReplyDelete