For those of you breastfeeding, or lack there of, try fenugreek. My goal was to BF until Cam turned 1 year old. About a month ago, I was super stressed with school, rotations, motherly duties, house cleaning, wifely duties that my milk supply took a turn for the worse. I went from pumping 5-6oz per pump down to 2-3oz. This caused even more stress on me, which I know didn't help. I kept my water intake up, but I didn't have time to have Cam actually nurse more. He still nurses in the AM but then I pump the remaining times. I also know I didn't pump 'on schedule' like I probably should have.
I talked to Cam's Pediatrician at his 9mo check-up and told her I've tried Mother's Milk and a few other options (oatmeal, water, etc) and she suggested Fenugreek. Well ladies and gentleman, it's been 2 weeks and I can say I am pumping @ 4oz a pump now. The wheels are turning! So, whether it is actually the fenugreek or just a more strict desire to make it to the year mark, we are back on the right path. :)
On a side note, Cam started his new daycare today. The Vanguard Academy. It is in Norton Commons, which is 1mile from our house. Easy to walk there and my next rotation, Dermatology, is literally a cartwheel's length away from the daycare. Fun times!
I hope he likes it better, but it's hard to tell. It's a class of all boys, which I'm not the biggest fan of, due to testosterone, aka more biting, hitting, etc. This class is the 8-14 month old babies that are crawling but haven't mastered a good walk yet. (OK, Cam is not even crawling but since he is 12 days shy of being 10 months, we didn't want to put him in the infant room to only have to switch him again a month later). They said he did well, but did seem a bit overwhelmed at times with all the mobile kids. He also didn't nap well there. I'm hoping that will change, but the nap schedules are so different from the last daycare to this one. I will say he napped like a champ at WRBC daycare that we just left. They all took naps from 10-12 and 2-4. He usually slept 1.5-2hr each nap. But at this daycare, in this room, they are transitioning to only 1 nap a day, which is taken at 12:30. Right in the middle of his 2 naps! Uggg. Today, his naps consisted of 830-855 and 11-1135. Not so great. Of course, he took a 30min power nap when I picked him up from 415-445.
A well rested baby = a happy baby and I am determined to get him back on a good napping schedule. He's always been such a happy baby and a good napper!!
| First day at Vanguard |
| First day at Vanguard |
| First day at Vanguard, already playing. |
| Last day at Westport Rd Baptist Church (WRBC) daycare. |
No comments:
Post a Comment