We hit another great milestone this month!! Cameron started crawling a week before he turned 10 months old (6/8). The few weeks that preceded this, we could tell he was getting close. He would get aggravated he couldn't move, he'd rock on all fours and he'd scoot around. Well, on 6/15 I went to pick Cam up from school and they shared the news with me! They even videoed it for me so that I could see the "first time" he crawled. Of course I was happy! I'm sure there are the mothers that want all the "firsts" to be at home with them, but for the working mother, there's just no way. I've had to accept the fact that many of his milestones will happen during the work week with his daycare providers. I'm OK with that, as long as they video/take pictures! haha :)
Oh, did I mention on 5/30, Cam waved for the first time- to Kneesa!!! hahaha
Cam turned 10 months old on 6/16/12. It was a big weekend. We were spending the weekend in Lexington because our friends, Wolfe and Jane were getting married and Shannon was the best man. I had my psychiatry EOC exam that Friday, our PA school graduation banquet Friday evening, Shannon had rehearsal and then Sat was Cam's 10mo plus the wedding and Sunday was Father's Day. I didn't do anything "big" for Cam/Shannon. It was hard being in Lex, Cam had stayed with his mamaw Sat night so we didn't even have him until lunchtime and didn't get home until close to dinner time. Nonetheless, it was a great weekend. It was also MY first weekend (one night) away from Cam. Not because I didn't think I was ready to be away, but moreso due to the fact of breastfeeding. I really think the night away was good for me, but it was stressful making sure we had enough milk to send to Mamaw Hord's house. (Yes, all 800oz of frozen BM is gone......)
On 6/24, Cam pulled up for the first time. Another milestone and this one was at home!! I was laying on the floor and he pulled up on me! So sweet. He hasn't mastered pulling up on taller object (i.e. coffee table or crib) but I'm sure it will come with time! We just love our little man so much. There are no words to describe this unconditional love one feels for their children. :)
Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks.
 |
| Kneesa and Cam eating Vanilla Wafers |
 |
| Happy man eating dinner. He's learning how to feed himself. |
 |
| First time in a big pool and he loved it! |
 |
| Hanging out in his raft |
 |
| Snack break at the pool |
 |
| Crawling around with Kneesa |
 |
| I love my choo-choo train. |
 |
| Breakfast of champs- eggs, sausage, biscuts and oatmeal! |
I'll try to upload some videos of him crawling, but it takes forever so we'll see if I can get to to actually work!
I babysat at least twice a week for a family in college. One evening, they came downstairs on their way out the door, and I asked them why they hadn't told me Chase had started walking?!?! I'll never forget the answer: "he hasn't yet...." Crickets. I've known my time is coming since I found out I was pregnant! :) Good luck, Momma! A 50 hour work week is short for me, so I certainly feel your pain. :)
ReplyDelete