Saturday, March 17, 2012

Green with envy

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!

Today was beautiful outside.  I ran a 10K race with my friend, Alli, spent the afternoon with my little man, laughed at Kneesa for jumping in our neighbor's man-made flower bed water pond thing (!?!?) and then tonight, I've spent the evening studying, watching the UK game and putting Cam to bed while the storms pass through.  Shannon went out with some friends.  I see FB posts of people dressed in green or UK gear, out and about.  It makes me dream of a vacation or have the strong desire to have a "night out".  I will be SO happy when school is over.  It becomes harder and harder to study, especially with this move.  I can not seem to get settled into this house.  Everything isn't organized and put away, like I'd like it to be.  This drives me crazy!! But, I don't have the time to devote to cleaning/unpacking/organizing plus studying plus Cam.....not to mention daily tasks of cleaning/cooking.   I honestly don't do much 'housework', but even the smallest amount stresses me out the closer my exam approaches.  UGH. 

Yesterday was Cam's 7month "birthday".   He has 2 teeth now.  He really wasn't fussy with the first one coming in, but now this second one has really increased the amount of drool, snotty nose, and random acts of fussiness.   Love his heart!  He just melts my heart.  He has become much more intrigued with Kneesa.  He wants to touch her, reach for her and even smiles at her.  I love it!!  Kneesa likes to snuggle in the AM and after Cam's 6am feeding, I always put him in our bed to watch cartoons.  Well this is what I got.   How can you not smile at Cam just chilling with his leg propped up on Kneesa!?  (My stupid iphone doesn't have flash, so I apologize for the darkness of the picture).

We still aren't totally settled in......but I will admit I love the area due to convenience of things.  For example, Norton Commons is directly across the street.  Therefore, less than 1mi away, I have a dog park, kid park, restaurants,gelatto shop, pharmacy, family physician, pediatric office, derm office, plus misc other things!!   VERY HANDY!!  We walk there often!  Here's the website...  http://www.nortoncommons.com/     (it reminds me of Smallville or that movie, ..I'm drawing a blank....it was a fake town inside a town or something like that....ha!)

  I think I've been busy enough to not dwell on not being in Lexington.  I told myself that for Lent, I would "give up" talking so negatively about living here.  I figure that the best chance I have to adjusting is to just offer it up to God and keep an open mind.  Not to mention, constant complaining gives me a headache!   ALTHOUGH, these darn interstates are bound to give me hypertension.  It stresses me out trying to use them and merge from one interstate to another.  UGH.   Give me the back roads, please!

Here's Cam's 7mo pictures and a few others I've taken lately:
At his 6mo check-up, he was 18lb 8oz...so he's definitely a growing boy!



He LOVES looking at himself!! ha!

At the park, in Norton Commons.  Even Kneesa was enjoying a day out at the park!
He loves his drum!  

1 comment:

  1. We've been in our new house for 2 months now and I still get anxious when I think about all I want/need to do and I'm not studying for exams! I am, however, trying to keep 2 little boys from destroying it!

    Sounds like you are settling into your environment a little more though, so that's good.

    ReplyDelete